06/21/2024, 7:30AM - 5:00PM
This course is designed for veterinary technicians and assistants of all experience levels
- The 12-step Comprehensive Oral Health Assessment and Treatment
- Basic tooth anatomy and oral pathology
- Performing a dental cleaning (ultrasonic scaling and hand instrumentation)
- Performing, and correcting dental radiographs
- Instrument care and sharpening
- Regional anesthesia
- Ergonomics in the dentistry suite
- Treatment plan implementation
- Discharge/home care tips
- Obtaining diagnostic radiographs utilizing canine and feline cadaver specimens
- Practicing regional anesthesia
- Oral exam review
- Ultrasonic scaling and polishing emphasizing the need for loupe magnification
- Hand instrumentation usage and importance
- Instrument care, including sharpening of luxators, elevators, scalers, and curettes
This workshop will empower technicians by increasing their knowledge in many aspects of veterinary dentistry and implement a higher level of dental care in a general practice setting.
Available Spaces: 10
We will be sending class notes to the attendee(s) email below. Please ensure the attendee can access and monitor the email provided.
“Bite-sized” Wisdom: Dentistry for Veterinary Technicians
If an error message displays with (There was an unexpected network error...), please check your email to see if your registration was successful before resubmitting. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to resolve this issue.